ON MAY 3 AND 4, 2020, THE BEAUTY OF THE GAZE WILL BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT DURING THE CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP – EYELASH EXTENSIONS, PRESENTED BY THE VICTORIES OF THE GAZE, AT THE SECOND ESTHETICS CANADA NEW ESTHETICS CONVENTION.
Please read and follow the official rules and regulations carefully to ensure that your entry is complete and valid. Failure to do so may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant.
LES VICTOIRES DU REGARD INTERNATIONAL
Revised and updated in January 2020.
For any request for updated information: firstname.lastname@example.org
CATEGORIES AND SEQUENCE OF EVENTS
Taking part in the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship means entering the most prestigious eyelash extension competition in Canada, pushing the limits of your art and achieving an eyelash extension application that will propel you to the highest peaks in the industry.
Subdivided into several stages and levels, this Championship will crown, after different rounds of competition, the next Canadian Eyelash Extension Champion.
Candidates are first called upon to register for one or more of the categories of the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship. They will be judged by a jury composed of members chosen from amongst the most distinguished figures in the world of beauty.
The main categories of the Championship are :
In the form of a tournament (including, 2 rounds of semi-finals in a row followed by the grand finale), participants will have 1 hour to achieve the most beautiful CLASSICAL (eyelash to eyelash) pose possible (natural effect, black lashes ONLY).
In the form of a tournament (including a semi-final round followed by the grand finale), participants will have 3 hours to create the most beautiful volume pose from hand-made bouquets ONLY and composed of 2 to 6 extensions each. Black lashes ONLY.
In all cases, regardless of the category in which they are registered, participants in the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship will have to go through two crucial stages: the qualification round and the grand finale. For both the qualification round and the grand finale, the selection of the jury will be based on the following evaluation criteria:
- General first impression
- Respect for the eye’s morphology
- Cleanliness of execution
- Distance between the eyelid and the base of the extensions
- Direction/Trajectory of the extensions
- Good mix of lengths/Gentle transitions
- Number of extensions per eye
- Shape/length/thickness effect
- Symmetry between the two eyes
A selection committee, appointed by the Championship Management, will select the semi-finalists for each category by analyzing all the qualifying photos submitted by participants between February 1, 2020 and March 31, 2020.
The names and first names of the selected semi-finalists will be announced on the Facebook page of Les Nouvelles Esthétiques Canada as well as on the “Victoires du Regard” page on April 13, 2020.
Semi-finalists will be invited to the Les Nouvelles Esthétiques Canada Congress (to be held at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal, in Montreal, QC, Canada) for the final stage of the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship.
In front of an audience, each participant will be required to perform an eyelash application, according to the category in which he or she has placed, on a model of their choice.
The participants will have to provide their own material and model to complete their work. It is the responsibility of the participants to have the legal documents concerning the use of the model’s image signed for subsequent publication, both on the web and in Les Nouvelles Esthétiques Canada magazine. The models FOR THE SEMI-FINALS will have to be found and/or managed by the participants. For the FINALS, participants will be assigned a model (by way of a draw) by the organization.
As usual for Les Victoires du Regard, a judge will be present on the competition floor at all times to evaluate the health and safety practices of the participants.
At the end of these events, the organization will then crown the first 3 positions in each category of the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship. For the Canadian edition of Les Victoires du Regard, please note that transportation and lodging costs ARE ENTIRELY AND ONLY the responsibility of the competitors.
Finalists are asked to be available on the day of their semi-finale, as well as a few hours on Monday, May 4th for the official awards ceremony.
REGULATIONS FOR REGISTRATION
- It is possible to register in only one of the two finals of the Championship categories.
- Before registering, please ensure that you meet the requirements for each category. To do so, please read these rules and regulations carefully before choosing the category(ies) in which you wish to participate.
- The photos you submit must absolutely be in colour.
- The photos you submit must be taken and sent in high resolution (2 MB minimum).
- The photos you submit must NOT be retouched under ANY circumstances. By retouching, we mean any photo montage, the use of image processing software to make any modifications to the photos (these “modifications” include, but are not limited to: enhancing colours, softening certain facial features, fading the image, blurring, adding lashes, blackening lashes, etc.), using filters on your images, etc. We only want 100% natural photos.
- The models you will use for your qualifying photos must wear only LIGHT AND NATURAL MAKE-UP (thin foundation, concealer and blush, lipstick or lip gloss ONLY).
- Photos that are too wide framed, blurred, too light or too dark or too contrasted will not be taken into account.
- The photos you submit MUST meet the following criteria or you will be automatically disqualified.
* IT IS ALLOWED TO REUSE PHOTOS YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED FOR THE INTERNATIONAL EDITION OF VICTOIRES DU REGARD.
The jury for the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship is made up of members chosen from among the most prominent figures in the international beauty world. They are responsible for selecting and rewarding the most deserving participants, and have complete discretion in selecting the winners and awarding prizes at the Championship Grand Finale.
The decisions of the Jury are final.
To enter the competition, participants must complete the online registration form on this website before March 31, 2020.
Entry is considered complete when the entry fee is paid and the two (2) original photographs, taken from the required angles and meeting the criteria established by the Championship Management, are sent via the form.
The criteria to be respected for these photos are detailed here.
The Canadian Eyelash Extensions Championship is open to eyelash artists of all sexes and all levels of experience in eyelash extensions (beginners, intermediate, experts and trainers) aged 18 years and over as of March 31, 2020. Participants may choose to register in one or more categories of the Canadian Eyelash Extensions Championship without any restrictions.
A candidate can also register several times in the same category if he or she wishes (with 2 different poses, but in the same category for example). However, if this person finishes in the final with one of his/her poses (i.e. among the top 10 technicians), his/her other entries will be automatically removed from the final rankings (his/her name will therefore only appear in the highest possible position).
RULES AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- By filling out the official entry form, the participant agrees to the rules and conditions of participation of the Canadian Eyelash Extension Championship and to the decisions of the jury.
- All photos and all documents produced by the participants and submitted to the organization of the Championship become the property of Les Victoires du Regard International. Participants are required to release, in favour of the Championship, all property rights and continuation of these items for an indefinite period of time.
- By filling out the official registration form, participants consent to future use of their photographs by the Championship.
- The Championship will disqualify any participant who has not paid his or her registration fee in full after March 31, 2020.
- The Championship will disqualify, without appeal, any participant whose photographs do not comply with the technical conditions established by the Championship Management.
- The Management reserves the right to request any additional information from the participant.
- In the event of non-compliance with any of the rules and conditions of participation, the offending participant will be disqualified without appeal.
- The members of the jury have full discretion in the selection of finalists and winners and in the awarding of the Championship prizes. The decisions of the Jury are final.
- As of April 24, 2020, the organization will disqualify any finalist who has not responded to its official invitation to participate in the Championship Grand Finale to be held during the Les Nouvelles Esthétiques Canada Congress on May 3-4, 2020.
- Finalists are required to make themselves available for any interviews, videos and/or promotional meetings related to the Championship, as soon as the finalists’ names are announced, up to and including June 30, 2020.
- After the official awards ceremony, only the winners of the three main categories of the Canadian edition of The Regards du Victore Awards may identify themselves as “Canadian Eyelash Extension Champions”.
- The validity, application, interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be governed by the laws in force in the province of Quebec, Canada.
- The original language used for the drafting of this document is French. In the event of a dispute, only the French version of the text will be legally binding. The Championship Management reserves the right to make changes to the text of this document at any time.
- Whenever the context so requires, any word written in the singular also includes the plural and vice-versa; any word written in the masculine gender also includes the feminine gender and vice-versa.